What should be a silly question....

Anything waterfowl hunting related

What should be a silly question....

Postby grump » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:00 am

Anyone seeing an unusually high number of ducks and geese, now? It's still two months away for any 'normal' migration here, but I'm suddenly seeing waterfowl everywhere. There are multiple flocks of geese going over the house (what a lovely sound) and ducks sitting in all the ponds around me. ???
My neighbor had to build a retention pond because of a couple houses he's building on his property and it's been flooded because of all the rain lately. (It's about 50yds behind my property.) There were a few mallards swimming around in it the other day and actually had a couple woodies fly right up my driveway. Sure would be nice to have my own duck pond in my back yard.
:18
If they come for your guns, start with your ammunition.
grump
Don Prudhomme

Location: mASS, where gun laws get passed, crime goes up, so they pass more gun laws

Re: What should be a silly question....

Postby Dogman » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:14 pm

Ask your neighbor if you can build a blind on his pond :8 I am sure the rest of the neighbors won't mind. :25
My lab is the best hunting partner there is.
Pit Blind member #9
Dogman

Postby duckdawg » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:47 am

I just got back from a week at camp on the lake up in central VermontHippyLand and saw a fair ton of resident mallards and blacks but nothing unusual. Maybe you can get one of those new fancy high-powered and suppressed pellet guns and take out some of those mallies quietly... :18
"How could a readiness for war in time of peace be safely prohibited, unless we could prohibit, in like manner, the preparations and establishments of every hostile nation?"

-- James Madison (Federalist No. 41, 1788)
duckdawg
Site Admin

Postby grump » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:09 am

I would never own such a weapon nor make my own extremely effective devise that would reduce the sound of a 1300 fps, .17 pellet gun to about the level of a pencil snapping. :25 It's just a guess, but I believe it would also be very effective against a chipmunk infestation.
The biggest problem with owning such a device in this state is; I think it would be good for about 15 years or so. ( I think it's just below having a nuke or two in your possession.) :23
grump
Don Prudhomme

Location: mASS, where gun laws get passed, crime goes up, so they pass more gun laws

Postby duckdawg » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:21 am

grump wrote:I would never own such a weapon nor make my own extremely effective devise that would reduce the sound of a 1300 fps, .17 pellet gun to about the level of a pencil snapping. :25 It's just a guess, but I believe it would also be very effective against a chipmunk infestation.
The biggest problem with owning such a device in this state is; I think it would be good for about 15 years or so. ( I think it's just below having a nuke or two in your possession.) :23

It's interesting reading about the laws and cultures of other countries, like the one you live in. So different than here in America... :48
"How could a readiness for war in time of peace be safely prohibited, unless we could prohibit, in like manner, the preparations and establishments of every hostile nation?"

-- James Madison (Federalist No. 41, 1788)
duckdawg
Site Admin

Postby Dogman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:50 pm

Grump's a dreamer,wants to live in Murica but he can't get permission.

I too could use a nice quiet device.The local chipmunk population has gotten unmanageable.
My lab is the best hunting partner there is.
Pit Blind member #9
Dogman

Postby grump » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:27 am

Dogman wrote:Grump's a dreamer,wants to live in Murica but he can't get permission.

I too could use a nice quiet device.The local chipmunk population has gotten unmanageable.

If you want to swing by the house, I have this great 'idea' on how to deplete the chipmunk population I can give you and it won't upset the neighbors. :16
grump
Don Prudhomme

Return to Waterfowl Hunting